Use your Green Homes Grant
Green Homes Grant: use it to make energy improvements to your home
The government’s Green Homes Grant is a great incentive for you to improve the energy efficiency of your home.
Up to £5,000 is available – £10,000 for those on certain benefits.
The Green Homes Grant can be used for all sorts of energy saving improvements, including these ‘primary measures’:
- Heat pumps
- Air source
- Ground source
- Solar thermal panels (liquid filled flat plate or evacuated tube collector)
- Biomass boiler
And if you install any of those ‘primary measures’, you’ll be eligible for an extra grant on:
- Hot water tank thermostat
- Hot water tank insulation
- Heating controls – including appliance thermostats, smart heating controls, zone controls, intelligent delayed start thermostat, thermostatic radiator valves
Is the Green Homes Grant a scam?
No! It’s a genuine government scheme, fully explained on its Green Homes Grant guidance page.
And we are licenced under the scheme to supply and install all the equipment listed above.
We’re all conscious of the need to save energy and cut our carbon emissions.
Most homes waste energy one way or another. So using less energy to power and control all the things we take for granted has a twin benefit:
- It cuts emissions.
- And it cuts how much you have to spend on energy, especially on generating heat for warmth and hot water.
Having a substantial grant towards new, energy saving equipment is the icing on the cake!
One other thing
Before you apply for a grant, you’ll need a quote (the Government’s application form says so).
We will be more than happy to provide a quote – just ring us on 01329 285 993 and make an appointment with of one of our highly experienced engineers to call on you to discuss your project.
Honesty point! There is no obligation – but if you do obtain a Green Homes Grant, it will, of course, have to match the quote.
How much you can get and who is eligible?
Vouchers will cover two-thirds of the cost of eligible improvements, up to a maximum government contribution of £5,000. Or £10,000 if you, or someone in your household, receive certain benefits.
To be eligible for a grant, you must live in England and:
- Own your own home (including long-leaseholders and shared ownership).
- Own your own park home on a residential site (including Gypsy and Traveller sites).
- Be a residential landlord in the private or social rented sector (including local authorities and housing associations).
To check if you are eligible (including for the £10,000 grant) see the government’s check eligible for green homes grant website.
Is there a deadline?
Yes – the work has to be done and the voucher redeemed before the scheme ends on 31st March 2022.
How we can help with a Green Homes Grant
If it’s all getting a bit too technical, don’t worry as we can explain it to you.
Just ring us on 01329 285 993 – our offices are open Monday to Friday, 8.00 am to 5.00 pm – or e-mail us: email@example.com.
Remember, we’re here to help you make the most of living in comfortable surroundings with energy sustainable ideas – see our renewable energy page.
Remember, too, ‘GHS’ stands for Great Honest Service – your guarantee of satisfaction from your local building services company.