Electrical Testing Services
Electrical Installation Condition Report, EICR. The EICR used to be known as a PIR, Periodic Inspection Report or sometimes referred to as a Fixed Wire Test.
GHS provides electrical testing services and compliance inspections for both home and commercial properties.
Regular testing of your electrical equipment can prevent electrical accidents or fires occurring in the home or workplace. It is a requirement under the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 as well as for many insurance policies or local government ruling for landlords.
An EICR would outline potential hazards, check for breakdowns and submit remedial requests. Visits from our maintenance engineers will also provide you with any refresher guidance on the safe use of electrical installations if required.
Fixed wire testing is used to determine if an electrical installation is in a safe working condition and fit for continued use. This is done by:
- Visual inspection of circuits, control gear and protective devices
- Electrical testing of circuits to determine if there is an adequate earth
- Electrical testing to determine if there is any insulation breakdown
- Polarity testing of circuits and all other appropriate tests where required
Once a fixed wire test is complete, we send the results collected by our engineers directly to our offices to generate a report. This will either be posted out to you or emailed.
Our reports include:
- Full Test Report
- Laminated CAD Drawings
- Approved Certificate
- Circuit Charts
- Defects List (Rated C1 – Critical/Urgent to C3 – Requires Improvement)
- Remedial Works Required
- Associated Costs for Remedial Works
We can offer a same day service for electrical inspection reports
ECIR costs from £150 + VAT for a domestic property (up to 10 circuits)
Our engineers have a minimum of 10 years’ experience, why not have a look at our reviews to see how many happy customers we have.