What a Summer! What a Year! and still very unknown for the future but with these checks you can have some reassurance.
We will all start to think about the inevitable change in the British weather as September hits.
To ensure that our homes are ready and prepared for Winter here are some boiler maintenance tips that every homeowner should keep in mind.
- Get the Boiler serviced every year
- Check the Boiler pressure
- Bleed the radiators every year
- Balance the radiators
- Check for radiator problems/issues
- Check the boiler flame is blue
- Make sure the boiler is well ventilated
- Look for dripping from the external pipe
- Make sure the flue is accessible
- Lag your pipes
- Never try and repair a boiler yourself
Some of the checks are simple like checking your boiler is working or arranging a service. If you have any queries or issues with your boiler or wider central heating system such as the controls and radiators, don’t hesitate to contact us on 01329 285993.
We recommend booking in a visit with a gas engineer about this time rather than face a heating breakdown when freezing conditions hit.